So what exactly is plaque? Well, according to Wikipedia, plaque is: a biofilm or mass of bacteria that grows on surfaces within the mouth.
This bacteria, when not removed properly and promptly, can harden into tartar. Of course, prolonged neglect to plaque and/or eventual tartar can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
The thing that’s tricky is that plaque is that it’s colorless and often difficult to see with the naked eye.
This St. Patrick’s Day, you can use some of that extra green food coloring you have lying around with 2 oz. of water and use it to create a solution that you can use to temporarily stain your teeth so you can see the plaque better. Then, you can just brush and floss until the stain is removed.
May the Luck of the Irish be with you!